Who is Datahoot and what we do?
Datahoot is engaged in the vendor management, wholesale sourcing and lead generation through mining of trade data and company intelligence. We create for you a new way to find validated vendors or acquire customers. On how it works, please Watch Online Video.
1. Find out what industry peers are buying in our "Trade Data" page;
2. Explore our database of all global suppliers to source your product. See supplier's customers and validate known suppliers by viewing their customer volume or confirmed shipments.
3. Check and analyze what they buy the products for in their industries by investigation of importer's company background;
4. Prospect thousands of industry players and contact their decision makers in our "Company Data" page and "Find People" page.
5. Shop directly on our wholesale marketplace ZoomHoot.com and buy at Ex-Factory prices.
Where are the data from?
1. The "trade data", which contain importing / exporting information, are from the Bill of Lading for shipments, reported by importers / exporters to the different governmental agencies.
In the U.S., maritime records have been public for decades. The Department of Homeland Security provides raw data, which consists of all available information on the bill of lading for each shipment entering a U.S. port. The United States data is obtained through the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) and is considered public records.
While for countries like Germany or China, it is illegal to buy and sell B/L details from Customs shipping records. So we do not provide any data on China's exporting or importing records in our database. We only provide data from countries that commercialize their international shipment records and make the data publicly available.
2. The "contact data" of the target companies come from many sources, including data APIs from our partners and public media. Our robots collect data only in legal ways.
We only collect “publicly available” information concerning business profiles, including information associated with company executives. We do not collect or provide sensitive personal information of any kind such as health information, political or religious ideology, any kind of financial information, internet search history, etc.
DataHoot enables its users to receive information only regarding individuals who already voluntarily provided information about themselves over the internet in the business context ONLY. The DataHoot services are based on “adding” information to an existing social profile, which an individual has created on the internet.
DataHoot’s solution, therefore, applies only to those internet users who have made themselves “publicly available” by sharing information online in the business context
What is the right way for searching the trade data?
You can search the trade data by product name, or by importer name
1. When searching by product, try to use different words of the similar meaning. For example, steel pipe can be reported as steel tube or steel tubing, and apparel sometimes was described as garments when importer reported the shipment to the customs agencies.
Searching by product is actually searching the "Goods Description" in the Bill of Lading records in our database. So use as many as synonyms, this helps prospect all relevant results.
2. When searching by importer name, avoid using abbreviation. Sometimes, companies may import product under their brother company's name, or group company's name. For example, the well known "Crate & Barrel" always import under the company name of "EUROMARKET DESIGNS INC". So try different names of the same group company, if you know.
How to upgrade on Datahoot.com?
The upgrade is online and automatic after payment. Just click the "Pay Now" button under the proper plan you select.
The payment is conducted through the world's largest and the safest online payment organization - Paypal. Datahoot neither know nor collect your payment information. When you have finished payment on paypal, please click the button of "Return to Datahoot". This will lead you back to our website and automatically finish the upgrading in our website.
If you don't have Paypal account, you can pay by credit card. Paypal accepts any major credit card such as MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
Can I cancel my subscription?
Yes, you can cancel your subscriptions anytime if you no longer need Datahoot services in the future.
After you login, just click the "Unsubscribe" button in the "Billing and Invoices" section under your membership dashboard. You can cancel your subscription in 1 minute.
What is the customer support after payment?
Our customer service team are ready to help you solve any problem on using datahoot.
We provide online support by Tawk instant communication (at the bottom right on each page), Offline 1:1 communication by Email and NetMeeting through UberConference call.